The Toronto Temperance Society is a secret & sophisticated organization dedicated to the uplift & downfall of serious drinkers.
“I drink to make other people more interesting.”
- Membership cards are non-transferable; please don’t be passing them around.
- Members are allowed as many as three guests per visit. We’re happy to accommodate larger parties, but please let us know in advance.
- Remember a good party is never spoiled by your friend but, rather, that friend of a friend who tags along. Please choose wisely.
- No one under 25 is permitted unless accompanied by an adult.
- Please do not speak to a lady at the bar without first being spoken to. It isn’t that kind of place.
- In keeping with our goal of promoting temperance, we will refuse service to patrons who may have accidentally had one too many.
- We take drinking seriously. Please be patient as your cocktail is crafted, adjusted and fine-tuned for you.
- Please respect the privacy of other members. Members are asked not to discuss events at The Toronto
Temperance Society with members of the media.
- Please excuse yourself from the bar for all phone calls, fist fights, serious smooches and absinthe hallucinations.
- Those who believe that alcohol is a menace to society are welcome at all times. But please keep quiet.
- Do not ever attempt to order a cosmopolitan. You will be asked, politely, to leave.